Lesson One: The Basics
1. What is G-d?
2. Where is G-d?
3. How did G-d come to be?
4. Is G-d a He, a She, or a They?
Lesson Two: His Nature
1. Does G-d have feelings?
2. Does G-d communicate with human beings?
3. Does G-d ever act illogically?
4. Why does G-d have so many names?
5. Wh-t's up w-th the hyph-nat-on of G-d?
Lesson Three: His Reasons
1. Why did G-d create us? Does He need us?
2. Why did G-d create evil?
3. Can we question G-d?
4. Why is G-d described as "wrathful" and "jealous"?
Lesson Four: His Truth
1. Do have to believe in G-d to be Jewish?
2. Is it kosher to have doubts about G-d?
3. Why must I fear G-d?
4. I'm okay with believing in G-d, but I'm not religious.
5. Can we still have a relationship?
Lesson Five: His Paradoxes
1. Can G-d create a rock that He can't lift?
2. Does G-d's foreknowledge preclude our free choice?
3. Is there anything that G-d finds difficult to do?
4. If G-d has decided to do something, can we change His mind?
Lesson Six: Our Relationship
1. Why can't we see G-d?
2. Can we reconcile G-d with science?
3. Why is Judaism so obsessed with idolatry? Is G-d jealous?
4. I'm a spiritual person. Why do I need to follow the Torah's "system” to have a relationship with G-d?
Nothing is off-limits as the refreshingly open course asks piercing questions about G-d and delivers profound, insightful answers. An enlightening study into G-d’s nature, G-d’s goal for creation, human experiences of G-d, the role of religion, and the function of miracles and prayer, this course promises to satisfy your questions, including those you didn’t know you had.
Defining the Divine
Nov. 1, 8, 15, 22, 29,
Rabbi Yisroel Levine
The Academy – Center for Jewish Life
Per Person - $36.00
Per Couple - $50.00
This Course is In-Person Only